Monday, February 14, 2011

Justin Timberlake. ¡Olé!

Well, Justin Timberlake turned 30 years old on January 31. It's become a tradition to host a birthday party in his honor, so I wasn't going to let my current country of residence change that. In years past, we've celebrated with locker room parties, balloons, Cake Creations cookies, and Jt music.  Well, this year we had party hats and a Spanish pinata. 
Balloon happy before the party.
All my friends were happy to celebrate Jt's birthday as we had the "party" in our flat.  With Maria's help, we had balloons, a "Happy Birthday" banner [with pictures!], wine, tortilla de patata, cake pops from the USA, and of course Jt music in the background to really bring it all together. 
The gang celebrating JT's birthday in our flat.
Yo, Diana, Mamen, Josemi, Maria, Oscar, Isma

A Spanish pinata. Quite opposite than an American pinata, is basically a gift bag with strings to pull down. No hitting or spinning around involved. We all pulled on our own strings to find wonderful goodies like noise makers, masks, fake noses, and little toys come showering down upon us. [Disclaimer: This is how I like to think of the pinata having happened. However, since the pinata was hanging in the hallway doorway and not too high in quality/toys were too big, we had to pull most of the goodies out ourselves.]
1 - 2 - 3 GO!
Oscar hoarding all the goodies in his shirt; me checking for MORE!
Wish everyone could have been there to help celebrate! With all the felicidades I was sending him on his big day and all of my friends back home thinking about my obsession with him and his birthday, I like to think it really helped him have a great day! 
Fun with party hats!
So, en fin, happy 30th birthday Justin Timberlake! (marry me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment